Refitting the forecabin
- Water penetrating had caused some delamination of the foc’sle bulkhead. This was repaired (see here).
- The forecabin was then repainted with white gloss paint.
- The hull alongside the bunks was lined with foam-backed vinyl.
- A 12mm teak-faced ply false bulkhead was attached to the chain locker half bulkhead.
- A removable hatch was cut into the ply bulkhead to allow access to the chain locker.
- New 4″ bunk cushions were made.
- Underdeck lockers were replaced.
- Lee cloths were installed for grandchildren
- A removable storage shelf was installed under the foredeck
- Slats were fitted to the bunksides so the floor could be lifted up for an infill cushion
- The grp coachroof was lined with foam-backed vinyl and two 6mm ply boards covered in vinyl were fixed under the foredeck
- The foc’sle cabin sole was replaced with my own special (i.e. cheap) striped floorboarding
- The doorway was lined with an 18mm hockey-stick vinyl strip glued into place with special adhesive
- 10mm half-round aluminium was curved and screwed into the bottom of the doorway liner to protect the vinyl (and cover the join)